Table Grove

Table Grove ParkTable Grove ParkSitting higher than its surroundings, the aptly named Table Grove offers an occasional overview of the nearby countryside. Originally called Laurel Hill, it was renamed when the railroad’s arrival generated confusion with another Laurel Hill elsewhere in the state. Table Grove lies near the western end of what was once the WWII era Camp Ellis, stretching east to Ipava some 6 miles.

A handful of elegant older homes in a variety of architectural styles are scattered throughout town, and the 1869 Table Grove Community Church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. A small park on the west side of town offers playground equipment, a pavilion, as well as basketball and tennis courts.

Travel services include gasoline, convenience store, restaurant, ATM banking, and post office.

 

Javascript is required to view this map.